July 23rd-30th – Castle Saunderson campsite
Meeting at 9:30am Saturday 23rd at the Tennis Club.
Returning ~18:00 Saturday 30th
We also strongly recommend a windcheater / cagoule as it will be long wet day and if there is wind it’ll be cold without one.
From the Baypark website:
Cotton socks must be worn on the Waterpark
For those wondering what other gear to bring:
– please make sure that you have them with you at all times…
– details of all medication should be listed on the Managing Medication Form.
When: May 7th, 8th
Where: Mount Melleray FaceBook page
Arrive 7:00pm Friday night in full uniform
Depart 4:00pm Sunday
Copy of information sheet available here: Hike 05Mar2016
Dates for the next few months for your Diaries:
No Wed. scout meeting due to mid-term
Hike at Mahon falls with Kileagh scouts ??
Scout Survivor – Castleconnell, Limerick
Details: Survivor Info Pack April 2016(1)
Troop Camp – Mount Melleray
Annual Camp – Castle Saunderson campsite
When: Fri. Oct 16th To Sun. Oct 18th.
- Meet there 7:00pm Fri Oct. 16th
- Uniforms not required but neckerchief MUST be worn at all times
- Saturday will be spent on the hills.
We’ll have some fruit & bars but please bring a packed lunch. Also bring a flask, we’ll make soup on Sat. morning to bring on the hills.
- Pickup is Sun. 12:00 noon.
Cost: €15 per scout, payable on weekend.
Directions: Aghada to Kings Yard
- Get on M8 from R630 and N25 24 min (27.0 km)
- Follow M8 to N73. Take exit 12 from M8 27 min (47.8 km)
- Take R639 to your destination in Limerick 14 min (7.2 km)
- Kings Yard, Kilbehenny, Co. Limerick
- 7:00pm Meet at Kings Yard
Set up camp (it’ll be dark, bring torches)
- 10:30pm Supper : Hot choc + biccies
- 7:00am Breakfast: Cereals, Fruit, Tea/coffee.
Make Soup for hill-walking
- 8:00am Classroom session, hillwalking / navigation
- 10:00am Off hill-walking
Lunch: Soup + Bring your own packed lunch
- 6:00pm Return to camp
- 7:00pm Dinner: Pasta Carbonara
- 10:30pm Supper: Hot Choc + biccies
- 8:00am Breakfast: Fry-up
- 11:00am Break camp
- 12:00am Depart Kings Yard
Aghada Sea scouts are proud to participate in the Irish Cancer Society Relay for Life in Midleton on 26th / 27th September.
Scouts, cubs and leaders will relay walk for 24 hours to raise funds for this worthy charity.
If you can, please feel free to donate at the following:
Team members registration forms can be found at:
Team Members Registration form
Please complete & email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Running Order (updated for AMS) :
Added JW, AB & EB
(Please of course feel free to come along earlier / stay later)
|sat 1600 – 2000||sat 2000 – 0000||sun 0000 – 0800||sun 0800 – 1200||sun 1200 – 1600|
|Kln||Amir||El & J||AD||CD|
Scouts had their annual camp in SilverCross campsite, Wales.
This is some of the fun they got up to….
Scouts had a lovely sail + overnight stay to Cobh last weekend.
After a weather & route briefing from Robin we set off in fresh winds on Saturday afternoon. Conditions tested the nerve & reaction of helms & crew but all excelled and got there safely where we beached the boats outside Cobh sea scouts den.
After some fine gourmet dining in Cobh we retired to the den for the night.
Bright & early Sunday morning we rigged then drifted / paddled / towed out from Cobh into some perfect sailing conditions for the journey back to Aghada.
Scout section had their first camp of the year in Brinny.
16 scouts braved the gale force winds, driving rain and bitter cold.
These are some of the activities they got up to.