When: Fri. Oct 16th To Sun. Oct 18th.
- Meet there 7:00pm Fri Oct. 16th
- Uniforms not required but neckerchief MUST be worn at all times
- Saturday will be spent on the hills.
We’ll have some fruit & bars but please bring a packed lunch. Also bring a flask, we’ll make soup on Sat. morning to bring on the hills.
- Pickup is Sun. 12:00 noon.
Cost: €15 per scout, payable on weekend.
Directions: Aghada to Kings Yard
- Get on M8 from R630 and N25 24 min (27.0 km)
- Follow M8 to N73. Take exit 12 from M8 27 min (47.8 km)
- Take R639 to your destination in Limerick 14 min (7.2 km)
- Kings Yard, Kilbehenny, Co. Limerick
- 7:00pm Meet at Kings Yard
Set up camp (it’ll be dark, bring torches)
- 10:30pm Supper : Hot choc + biccies
- 7:00am Breakfast: Cereals, Fruit, Tea/coffee.
Make Soup for hill-walking
- 8:00am Classroom session, hillwalking / navigation
- 10:00am Off hill-walking
Lunch: Soup + Bring your own packed lunch
- 6:00pm Return to camp
- 7:00pm Dinner: Pasta Carbonara
- 10:30pm Supper: Hot Choc + biccies
- 8:00am Breakfast: Fry-up
- 11:00am Break camp
- 12:00am Depart Kings Yard